Every change of season, I go through our family's emergency kits/bags to make sure everything is still in good shape in the event of an emergency. This is especially important with your vehicle kits that are subject to temperature changes. Don't have an emergency kit or not sure what should be in yours? Go to Ready.gov here at http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit for more information.
Here's a quick list of some of the items that should be checked and maintained in your kits:
- Food (Check for Expiration Dates and/or Deterioration)
- Clothing (Is the clothing appropriate for the current season? Does it still fit?)
- First Aid Kit (Is there anything that needs to be replaced? Check expiration dates on meds)
- Batteries (Check to batteries are in working order for electronics (i.e. emergency radios)
- Pet Food (Treat the same as Food)
- Sanitation Items (Check and replace as needed)
*LAST BUT NOT LEAST- Replace that bar of Holistic Blends Soap that you nabbed out of there when you ran out last month!